Travel and transfer costs for models in England

Viewed 605 times
Started 2023-06-21T09:04:00+00:00
15 following this thread
Back to Portfolio Feedback

2023-06-21T09:04:00+00:00
 profile photo

In another thread, there is currently a discussion about the difficulties and costs that European models face when working in England.

www.adultfolio.com/forum/thread/3927/european-models-avoiding-plague-island-.html...

So, surely for models and producers in Europe, at least for me,  it is interesting to know the travel/transfer expenses. Which costs are to expect for typical transfers from / to airport and location?
For instance, a model from the Midlands needs to travel to London Stansted or Heathrow airports, or when a model from Europe travels from London to the Midlands for a location shoot.
I would be great to have some examples and numbers for bus an train.

And are connections frequently and safe in England und easy to use for foreign models? Or is it difficult to book?

The trigger for this thread is also a conversation with a model from the Midlands for a shooting in Germany (to Dortmund airport). The most cost-effective connection by far is from London Stansted to Dortmund, which is much cheaper than, for example, Birmingham to Düsseldorf.
The model then informed me that the transfer costs from the Midlands to Stansted and back amount to £400, which honestly shocked me. It turned out that they were referring to a taxi service rather than a train connection.

Why a taxi, is there no train or bus available for the transfer? I never heard, including me that people have to use a taxi for a 100 miles transfer. So, was this suggestion a need or a question of own comfort?

Understanding and being aware of these details would undoubtedly help both models and photographers (Togs) to reach better mutual agreements for bookings and shootings.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of AdultFolio, nor its associates.
AdultFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join AdultFolio for Free! Log in

By using AdultFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads