Over exposure

Viewed 349 times
Started 2021-11-11T19:26:00+00:00
7 following this thread
Back to Everything Else

2021-11-11T19:26:00+00:00
 profile photo

There's two over exposures here. One starts at 25% and grows to be the same as the other. The other is constant measured at around 38% over exposure.

Well in photo/film terms we call the first example a quarter of a stop, but no one uses 2 fifths of a stop of a stop so we round it off to about 2/3 rds. 

Unless your doing critical work with E6 trans then most of you wont see a difference between a quarter of a third over exposure. Although the percentage difference between 25 and around 38 % is around 39-40% in terms of exposure it's not much, in fact with inverse square and such its a variance of a subject being a little closer or further from the source.

Any way in this thing I want to work with both exposure examples as in reality we may well all have to, so I could choose a third of a stop and not bother adjusting it. Or in other words assume that exposure is a given between 25 and 38 % over what I want, so I'll choose a 33.33% exposure compensation and it will get a little brighter and darker as the shoot goes on, but hardly any one will notice.

There's another variable, because these are the latest Lancet report figures published by the BBC based on studying 440 homes in London and Bolton. Unvaccinated spread was about 38% and double jabbed was 25%. The peak viral load and infectiousness of an individual is identical in the infected regardless of their vaccine status. Though possibly the tripple jabbed will shed the virus after the height of infectiousness faster, but that is uncertain. But what is certain is vaccines cut serious illness and death, but have little or no effect on transmission.

The reason I was working out the waning 'over exposure' risk factor is we want to work with others in a new purpose built covid aware studio. And really the question is what is the risk factor of this over exposure to the virus and it appears to be between, 1 in 4, and 2 in 5, depending if and when, and how many shots you've had, along with other health and viral factors, like having had covid or possibly any other covid type, as well as those that only carry the virus.

But that's mixed household data, so a clean well aired studio taking care should bring that risk factor down, a lateral flow test before a shoot should do that even more. 

See I thought the vaccine was going to stop the spread, that's how it was sold, or even offer protection from catching it, but the difference of 13% points and falling is not a lot. I see deaths and sickness cut, transmission and risk of long covid is not cut by the vaccine.

Me I never fancied a mRNA vaccine and I thought I could just wait it out till the others are out, well it's been a long wait, and the other type vaccines are already made in the UK but only passed for Europe. None of this is political, it's just assesing the risk factor, for us it's almost 2 years since we locked the gates and kept away from all of you. 

It turns out were no more risk to you than the vaccinated, or vice versa as far as catching covid goes. Although we are at a higher risk of getting severe sickness through not been vaccinated, but there is a pill. Were going to continue keeping away from the world, but will be letting some models and photographers in to our remote locale, with a negative lateral flow test. 

Once the gov. stop holding back the next generation of jabs, I'll get some , mostly so I can get out to the USA.

All of this realisation came about as I was watching telly, and there's a man in a lab coat talking from a Northern Ireland covid hot spot which has a 100% vaccine status, he said more or less, 'vaccines are developed to combat the disease virus's cause in human beings, not to combat the virus spread it's self'.

So that got me thinking, how much protection does vaccine actually give over no vaccine against specifically catching it, the answer is not much or the difference between a quarter and two fifths falling to about the same after 6 months.

I understand there is another argument about herd immunity dreams, was it something about if every one gets the virus naturally or through injection, it's not working. So the real deal is we have to live with it and manage it, with or without 6 monthly doses.     

I'm not sure if there is point to this other than a reminder, but it does seem strange so many people in care loose their job today even though being vaccinated or not has nothing to do with the spread of the virus only the effects of the disease.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of AdultFolio, nor its associates.
AdultFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join AdultFolio for Free! Log in

By using AdultFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads