Changing the initial forum view

Viewed 239 times
Started 2021-08-15T13:27:00+00:00
5 following this thread
Back to Site feedback and suggestions

2021-08-15T13:27:00+00:00
 profile photo

Hello.

When you click on the forum menu item, you get a screen full of latest posts and a side bar of "your groups". I'd suggest that a screen full of Group Names (perhaps with time and date of latest post underneath) would be far more intuitive in navigating and would cut down the amount of mistaken posts.

As an example, look at Portfolio Feedback - I can't actually find a review request there and I counted 25 posts before I stopped looking.

People generally expect forums to work in a certain way - a heirarchical digging, if you like, down through the levels (commonly home - sub forum - posts).

I did notice the "new thread" button on the forums page makes your post go in to Portfolio Feedback and is easily missed when posting. The notion of being able to make a post when you arn't in a sub forum is quite alien to UI expectations and clearly accounts for so many mistakes.

There is a lot of finger pointing on the forums these days and while my sugesstions won't fix everything, sometimes giving people a logical, intuitive place to post can help the manner in which they post - even simply by allowing them to leave groups that contain content they don't want to see. Right now that content is smeared all over every wall.

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of AdultFolio, nor its associates.
AdultFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join AdultFolio for Free! Log in

By using AdultFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads