Thinking about our next shoot.

Viewed 239 times
Started 2020-05-21T11:40:00+00:00
6 following this thread
Back to Photography Chat

2 likes 2020-05-21T11:40:00+00:00
 profile photo

We’re all itching to get shooting again, models, photographers and everyone else. In this down time, I’ve been thinking about what I want to do and who I want to do it with and all the usual things we consider. I then noticed a comment by a very well-known and talented model who said “I think I’ve forgotten how to pose”. It may have been a tong in cheek comment, but I got me thinking. Could this be a very good opportunity to consider what we do, how we do it and perhaps share that thought process so that we might benefit from each other’s constructive process?

There’s always a lot to consider in creating any picture, even the simplest landscape, but add in a model and it gets more complicated. Then, if it’s an adult shoot, add what I'll loosely describe as “erotic facets” it then gets even more complicated or perhaps distracting.  

As someone who likes to shoot low key, this usually means one light. Anyone who goes in for this sort of photography will know that the positioning of the single light is critical. The very last thing I would want to do is say to my smouldering model “Just hang on, it’s going to take me a while to get the lighting right”. That’s the mood killed before we’ve even begun! Probably better to start shooting and say something like “I might be moving the lighting as we progress for better effect”. To prepare for this I certainly spend quite a bit of time with a manakin trying different modifiers and ideas so that I'm as prepared as possible. In this way I hope I can have a good stab at lighting any given location with the minimum of messing about and better able to concentrate on the subject.

Anyone else got any idea’s or thought processes?

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of AdultFolio, nor its associates.
AdultFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join AdultFolio for Free! Log in