Why there's no money for photographers.

Viewed 685 times
Started 2019-09-11T00:02:00+00:00
19 following this thread
Back to Photography Chat

1 likes 2019-09-11T00:02:00+00:00
 profile photo

I was perusing a few photographers profiles and the blurb they use to entice models to shoot with them, when I noticed one that says he's a "preferred photographer" for a publishing company that producers 6 titles, so I did a little digging. Turns out that these titles are Mag Cloud magazines where they are asking for submissions, yet state nowhere, what they will pay for the usage of the images. They have photographers from all over the world featured on their webpage underneath their head photographer, who I'm sure will be getting paid by his boss who owns the titles. I've emailed him to ask what they pay. I'm not holding my breath that 1. I'll get a reply or 2. that they do actually pay.

Question 1. Why would anyone give their work away for nothing to someone else who's making money from it?  Is it vanity to say they like my work enough to publish it? Does it validate that they are a good photographer? Not from what I've seen.

Question 2. Is it just claptrap that models will swallow, so they get more models who will work with them? 

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of AdultFolio, nor its associates.
AdultFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join AdultFolio for Free! Log in

By using AdultFolio services you agree to our Cookie Use. We and our partners operate globally and use cookies for analytics, personalisation, and ads