Tattoos and copyrightright issues.

Viewed 522 times
Started 2019-05-31T13:16:00+00:00
8 following this thread
Back to Photography Chat

2019-05-31T13:16:00+00:00
 profile photo

*Please forgive my typo in the topic heading*

Some of you may already be aware of a couple legal cases where tattoo artists have sued for copyright infringement, due to their artwork on a model/actot being used in film/images, with consent. 

Stock image sites are approaching this with caution. Just like a few images, where a model is in Cosplay with a Marvel/ DC Comics montage in the background, the illustrations are the copyright of Marvel or DC. A painting in the background on wall, in a photograph, comes under the same legal statutes. 

This is a just a heads up. I've always been wary of copyright issues, especially when shooting commercial (which is nearly all the time.)

If it starts becoming an issue, I suppose it'd make sense to book models/actors without tattoos.

forums.submit.shutterstock.com/topic/37889-tattoos-rejected-requiring-artist-release...

Opinions expressed within this thread are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of AdultFolio, nor its associates.
AdultFolio accepts no responsibility legal or otherwise for the content or accuracy of authors comments.

Join AdultFolio for Free! Log in